Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Boy That Just Wanted To Be Heard By Brian Luke Leeman

Here is the tale of a Boy who feels his voice never been heard or acknowledged .



There is a boy called  Shortstop  who live in a small town in Maine , who just wants to be heard .

Shortstop is quiet 10 year old  fifth grader who lives with his mom , dad , and his two younger twin sisters.

Shortstops sister's take up much of his mom and dad's time because they are autistic , so Shortstop sometimes felt like he was ignored at times because his sisters needed more of his mom and dad's attention.

      The kids at Shortstop's school pick on him because he is a slow learner and stutters his words.

 One day  Shortstop comes home from school and see's a note on a the dinner table .

It's form his mom and the note says : " Hunny , your Dad  , your sisters , an I are going to be late coming home form your sisters doctors appointments .  Grab yourself a snack and do your homework, love ,mom.

Shortstop thinks to himself , " Great, i just had a really bad day and i could use one of my moms big hugs. But my sisters have to all her attention, spoiled brats!!! " .

Shortstop goes to his rom and starts on his home work , his homework is to write short essay on how he see's himself.

This is what he wrote :


" How do i see me ?  that is pretty easy to answer .

I see myself as nerd who nobody notices at all .

I see my self as a  fatty who run as fast the other kids.

I see myself as a dummy who sucks at math and all my other classes.

Finally i see myself as  someone who's voice will never be heard and presence will never be acknowledged. "


Shortstop's hears his family coming home , he runs downstairs hoping that his   family will put a smile on his face.


Being heard is so close to being loved that for the average person they are almost indistinguishable.
David Augsburger

No comments: