Sunday, July 7, 2013

WHY CHRISTIAN HIP HOP IS BETTER BY BRIAN LEEMAN

I know by this title  this statement is  going to rub some people the wrong way  but i have to speak the whole truth and nothing but truth so help me God.
I  want  made one thing clear , i am to writing this to put down Mainstream Hip-Hop but to hopefully help people realize  that   God, Good Morals, and real talk belong in Hip-Hop.
I want to start off how I fell in love with hip hop but let make it clear God is my first love .


The first hip hop song i heard was Notorious B.i.G.'s Juicy, It blew mind  how he could  tell a story and make me feel i was there. right then and there i fell in love with hip hop.  That song came out in  "94  when i was  five , so i have been hop hop nerd  for 21 years.

I have listened to hip hop all my life  and when i got saved i stopped listening to hip hop because at the time i did not know about Christian hip hop . Well when i went to a bible college in Maine  i met one of best friends sam . Sam introduced me to Lecrae  , Trip Lee,  Flame and so many more.  I could not believe how dope theses rappers are and how much truth were in  theses songs. I was hooked and from that day  i wanted to share to everyone that Christian hip hop is were were real hip hop lives.

A couple months ago  I got curious about  were mainstream hip hop was at ( side note: the only time i listen to mainstream hip hop  is when cars go by my place or somebody is playing it, which i try to avoid ) .
 I have to say.........  WHAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

  Yes when i when i was growing  Hip hop  had bad moral's liars, and materialistic rappers but they were true mc's and cared about there music. Now it seems rapper s can say what they want on song and  doesn't have to rhyme , an it will sell . To me thats messed up !

An what really makes me sad is that theses rappers these day have become so fake !
For example Rick Ross, he was a Correction Officer and plus he raps about being a big time drug dealer but never sold a gram in his life.  To me , a former drug dealer , thats  me mad because he is glorifying dealing and making it seem like it a wonderful thin when its  not.  Dealing drugs can put money in your pocket  but it mostly brings misery and death.

Then you got rappers like future  were i have no gule if they are a rapper or a singer.
In my opinion, you are either a rapper  or a singer , period.

Now not saying Christian hip hop is perfect , i mean we have some christian rapper that will use the n word or cruse in there lyrics, which i think is wrong.  But at least they are real and are tryin to help this generation see the God's love  and tryin to help  them live the right way .



The main reason i think Christian hip hop is better is that they are real  and bring glory to Jesus.
I can  listen to Christian hip hop with any age group and not have to be embarrassed of the lyrics .


This is my opinion , it up to you to come with you own but do me a favor  look up Lecrae, trip lee, flame, tedashii,  shia line, stephen the levite,  young noah,  and dre the flame. i could give you more but i want you to listen th theses rapper's and here some dope hip hop.

No comments: