Monday, April 22, 2013

WHY BEING SOBER IS DOPE

June six of this year will be my 4th year being sober!
It has been tough four years but has been worth it because I don't live in a fog anymore.
You might be asking how in the world did I get sober and stay sober ? ,  well it was not easy , so let me share my journey .
 For those who don't know i started  smoking weed when i was 14 , then started drinking,  then went to popping pills , and then finally smoking Crack cocaine .

For seven long years I lived in a fog of drug induced false happiness , I will not lie , being on the drugs i was  on was  awesome and was fun but it did last for long .

I was getting to a point  were i couldn't the same high  or i couldn't get drunk enough, so I kept on increasing my drug  use intake  and  drinking bottle after bottle of Vodka and jack Daniel's.

Got to point were i was tired of not knowing if the next day I would be alive or dead and knew if kept going I was going to die sooner or later.
On june six of 2009 I quit using drugs and
So one Sunday Morning in October  I went to a Morning service at the Church I Grew up in  and my Pastor preached a sermon that touched my heart and soul, an so i decided to follow Jesus and Gave my life to Jesus.

Now  It hasn't been a easy ride but Life is not meant to be easy .

Here is what helps me stay sober ,  1.  Prayer!  By praying for God's help , I  acknowledge that i am Helpless without God's Love   and Understading ,  God helps me stay sober
2, READ THE BIBLE! I can not go day without reading God's word , it is my  lifeline and guide for life.
3. SURROUND YOURSELF AROUND PEOPLE WHO WISE AND GODLY!!!  I have two great best friends ( who are brothers ) Sam and Joel , they keep me grounded  and encourage me . I would have not made it this far without there help.


All the glory Goes to God , Cause without  God i would not be alive today!


I will leave wit a verse and a quote.  
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a] - Proverbs 3:5-6


Recovery from addiction requires hard work, a proper attitude and learning skills to stay sober, not drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Successful drug recovery or alcohol recovery involves changing attitudes, acquiring knowledge, and developing skills to meet the many challenges of sobriety.- Dennis Daley, PhD. Dr. Daley

No comments: