Thursday, August 14, 2014

LEEMANS VIEW ON MENTAL ILLNESS AND SUICIDE

So with  Robin Williams death there is lot of mixed emotions that come with this because Robin committed suicide.

I have  done a blog post on  Depression before but i feel like i need to address this topic again because hurtful stuff i am hearing from people


I  struggle with depression  and i have  tried to commit suicide once .

In  January of 2010 ,  i was 7 months sober  and a new Christian.    I was having hard time dealing  with some stuff from my past   , so one i decided i couldn't take it anymore and took some of mom's pills an tried to kill my self.  Well God had different plans   for me ,  all the pills did was make see stuff that wasn't there. I really don't remember much but  my mom told that i said i wanted to go to the hospital and i spent two weeks in the psych unit  .

Now  i  still deal with depression  but with my friends , family,  my Girl Friend's love and  support  , and  Relationship With Jesus , i don"t have to deal with  depression  alone


Three points i want to make clear about Depression :

1. Depression or mental illness is not a Sin !

2.  you are lying if you say you have never been depressed !

3. Your not possed   if  have a mental illness !

I am tired of the ignorance showed by Christians  towards their  fellow Christians   and towards non believers that deal with mental illness .  

 WE NEED TO LOVE ON THEM , NOT MAKE THEM FEEL WORSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

in closing , Christians, we need to deal with theses issue's in the right way , not the way we have been dealing with it  for years !

No comments: