Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A POEM BY KATE HINCKLEY

Naïve
Blinded by your angelic disguise
I followed you to certain demise
I worshipped the ground you tread
But you lead me to hell instead
I believed I wasn’t naïve 
Making me easy to deceive
With each advance you broke my trust
Driven only by your selfish lust
Your lips poured words of change and grace
So gladly your record I did erase
But your actions proved them counterfeit
So this time your crimes I can’t acquit 
I’m sick of all your manipulation
And hypocritical condemnation
Just stop with your lame explanation
Make your actions match your conversation
Show me you’ve changed with demonstration.
But really you deserve congratulations
For shattering all my expectations
So congrats, your words are worthless now
You really deserve to take a bow
But I’ll not be staying for your final act
Where you attempt to change fiction to fact
For my hope for you has been dissolved
And my part in your play has been absolved
So out the door I happily go
As you continue with your twisted show…-

 BY KATE HINCKLEY 

No comments: