Thursday, May 23, 2013

I HATE THE WORD SECULAR !

So this is probably going to get me a lot heat from my fellow Christian's who over use the word secular.
Be prepared ! I will hold back nothing on this subject !

In the Christian world  some use the word secular because of it's meaning , The   definition of secular is having no religious or being   worldly.

Now is wrong for Christian's to use the word secular ?  The answer is no but over using   the word secular and using the word secular  to convict people and to pass judgement on people is wrong.


Now you are probably thinking that I am a hypocrite because you think being  i am judgmental , well I'm not. I am just tried of my fellow christians using the word secular to demonize music , movies , or anything non Christian . Also trying to open some eyes about this subject because i don't think some Christians don't realize the damage  they do when the use the word secular to convict people or when they demonize things they don't like.


I am going to use Movies and Music as examples  because  theses two sources of entertainment are big issues  when it comes to the word secular and are big issues when comes to us Christians .

With music and movies , it has always been a struggle for Christian's because   Romans 12:2 tells  us not be like the world. So when comes to Mainstream music  or mainstream movies aka secular  ,  Some Christians   ignorantly demonize mainstream  music without  doing any research or even attempt to see if any of its good. There is a lot good mainstream music that doesn't have sex , drugs, booze, or bad morals.  same thing with movies , there is good mainstream movies without sex , drugs, booze, or bad morals.  Now I am not saying that you should listen to mainstream music  or watch movies 24/7 ,  I think there has to be a balance of both.

Now if you don't watch or listen to anything mainstream , thats cool but don't use your conviction to demonize people.


I hope i have open some eyes today, i don't do this out of anger but out love.





No comments: