Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Anger Is Poison and Forgiveness is the Cure By BRIAN LUKE LEEMAN

We all get angry at least once a day right ? i know i do.
 But do you let anger stew in you for too long ?
I use to let anger stew in me too long  and ruin some of my relationships with people,

In this Blog entry , I want to discuss  how anger  can become poison  and how forgiveness is the cure.


Lets look at a result of how anger  can have disastrous results :

Genesis 4:5-8

New International Version (NIV)
but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.
Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.”[a] While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.


Cain let jealously and anger rule his heart  , an ended up killing his brother .

God warn the sin was crouching at his door(his heart) because of the jealously and anger Cain was letting stew in his heart .
If we don't let go anger and forgive , it can destroy us , people we are close to , people we work with , and can keep us from getting closer to God.

I going to share a time when let anger rule my heart and could have ended badly.

When I was in Bible college I got some news that devastated me .

The youth pastor in my was found to be having sex with  one of teen boys in my church.

He did be let go of his position ,  the mother of the boy and the boy dropped the charges and  the youth pastor was given a year of probation and was ordered to do six months of therapy .

I was so angry !!!!!
This guy was my friend , the guy  was one who spoke at a bible study i went that helped me realize that i needed to give life back God, and the guy convinced me to go to bible school.

It made me wonder how a person can be so fake and be ok with it !

I wanted to break every bone in his  body! but one night i was praying in the chapel at the bible college i was going to , I felt God speaking to my heart saying let it go. Right then and there i  balled my eyes out an let go of the anger i had against the youth pastor  and forgave him.

Three years later i found out  he was told a friend of  mine lies about me and you know what ?
It made a little upset but did let it get to me because i know he wasn't worth it !

When hold anger/unforgiveness against a someone you ar not hurting them , you are only hurting yourself  !

Let's see what the bible says about unforgiveness  :

Matthew 6:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

God has forgiven you the sins have committed and so you need to do the  same.

Our heavenly father wants to give us His love and forgiveness, but if we hold onto our anger and resentment of others, if we cannot forgive others, we cannot receive his forgiveness. It is in loving others that we may receive His love, but first we must shun the opposite of love, hatred, or murdering people in our hearts.

In Closing i will leave you with this qoute and a final thought.

No matter how just your words may be, you ruin everything when you speak with anger.
    Author: John Chrysostom


Final thought : Don't let anger be your master  because it will be your downfall if let anger be your master .

 


No comments: